Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Change of Heart

September 13, 2011

 

This just in: I LOVE CATS!!!!!

 

I never thought I would say that.  Never.  Felines have always been "just okay" to me. They have a snooty personality about them and they seem so… prissy.  You can't take a cat to the park, or expect it to protect you from intruders.  More often than not, they run away from your guests rather than going up to wag their tails at someone's feet.  Owning a cat seemed like it would just me a mutual coexistence.  Why would I buy food for something that would give me nothing in return?

 

For the past two days I've heard a rattling around my house. And Miti- my landlady's cat who has an affinity for my home- has been pawing around my cupboards more than usual.  At lunch she actually lunged into the cupboards uninvited… twice.  I threw her out and resolved to hate that cat for as long as humanly possible- it lasted two minutes.

 

Just fifteen minutes ago, I heard the rattling again.  Usually, it's at night, but it's mid day now.  I stopped my lesson planning and sat quiet as a mouse. Wouldn't you know it, the rattling WAS a mouse!

 

I ran to the door and opened it.  Miti was waiting- loyal as any dog I've ever met.  "Miti- get your butt in here!"

 

I showed her to the cupboard. Let me tell you, that girl's a pro.  I moved the food out. And before I could shift the glasses more than an inch, she was in, out, and at the door.  She turned to smile at me- mouse between her jaws. Mission accomplished.

 

So to the feline species: I owe you an apology.  I was not just in my assessment of your character.  From now on, I will appreciate you a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment