Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 25, 2010

 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! 

 

You know, there's nothing like being away for the holidays to remind you how much you really have.  This is my first major holiday away from home and I have been dreading it for months.  From now to about January 7th is a very special time in my home.  It is like a 45-day marathon of warm fuzzies. The thought of being anywhere but with my family made my eyes leak, my throat constrict, and my chest cavity feel a sudden void.

 

Here I am.  November 25th.  The marathon has just begun.  But I was wrong about that void.  I don't feel empty.  Corri called me yesterday and I don't know what was so great about the conversation, but it's just nice to talk to your big sister.  Today, Susan called bright and early.  She let me wake Lauren up on Thanksgiving morning and Lauren narrated the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for me.  My Mom, Dad, and Kaye C called later and let me jump back and forth between them.  The warm fuzzy brigade is transcending countries, continents, and oceans.  So family, if you ever wondered how far your love stretches, I'm on the other side of the globe and I still feel ya!

1 comment: