Sunday, December 26, 2010

Toothpaste

December 23, 2010

 

Well, today it happened.  I'm out of toothpaste.

 

Just to fill in those of you who don't know, Arm & Hammer is my very favorite toothpaste.  I brought an extra large tube to Kazakhstan so I could enjoy its delicious wonderfulness as long as possible.  If days ever got really tough I told myself, "It's okay Anne, you only have to stay until you're out of toothpaste."  Of course, I was joking.  I'm pretty sure I'm in for the long haul now, but having a small goal helped. And it certainly brought me laughs.

 

After I coaxed the last dollop of paste from its container this morning, I felt a wave of personal victory.  Then I realized that I'll now have to settle for sub-par Colgate.  I'll miss you, minty-freshness. But the separation is only temporary.

1 comment: