Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I feel BLAH!

November 19, 2010


Yesterday, the flu bug attacked me.  Funny, this was the first time in about fifteen years that I actually got the flu shot.  Being sick is bad enough, but the remedy here is eat, eat, eat.  Drink tea, drink tea, drink tea!  Kazakh food is tasty and teatime is growing on me.  But I'm sick. I'm not hungry and I certainly don't want greasy noodles or salami.  If anything, I just want plain food from home.

 

Today, I tried to go to the post office. Little did I know, the pension checks came in the mail.  There was a swarm of people at the door.  I attempted to wait in line but my body rebelled. I found a chair off to the side to wait out this corporal coup. It took over an hour.  Eventually, someone took pity on me and helped me mail my junk. 

 

By some miracle, I was able to walk back to my house before crashing.  Ugggh!  I need food.  I want American food!  Not even sick people food.  I want cottage cheese, smoothies, peanut butter and cereal. More than that, I just want to feel better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment