Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ay Carramba, I’m Turning Kazakh!

January 21, 2011

 

What a day.  It was "go, go, go" the whole time.  Teach classes, lead English club, lead another club, teach an Adult Learning Class, teach more students. Go home.  Whew! 

 

I was so tense the whole time just trying to fit everything in.  Publicly, I probably handled it with poise.  But inside, I was strung out and one step away from loosing it. 

 

When I finally walked into my house, I shrugged off my coat and let my bag lay where it fell.  I didn't have energy to do a single thing.  Not even reading a book or listening to music sounded appealing.  All I wanted to do was sit down and drink tea. Wait, drink tea?!? Since when is that a way to unwind? Since I came to Kazakhstan, that's when.

 

I sat and drank tea with Besikul and amazingly, all the day's stress was washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment